Monday, September 7, 2015

Dream On




I am definitely sliding in on the late side to the "Touch of Gold" challenge..... so many good intentions, so little time, lol!  But today, while attempting to clean up my workspace, I came across a lovely mop-up tag I had made with a combination of beautiful teals, blues and gold spray.  It reminded me of a late summer's sky.  In the mess of my "clean up" (which seems to entail just moving stuff around!) I spotted a favorite stamp, waiting to be catalogued and "filed" in my collection of DVD cases, which continues to grow when I manage to actually catalogue!

And now, having seen the stamp, and thinking how great it would look clear embossed with distress ink, off I went (using Peacock Feathers DI).  And sure enough, it did look great (though so much for more cataloguing today!)  I then got so wrapped up in going on to the next step, I forgot to take in-between pictures, so for my own purpose am recording my process narratively - feel free to skip ahead!

A pensive theme was in my mind, I suspect because my neighbor Margie (of Ecoprinting) departs later this week to complete the Camino Finisterre, a contemplative journey comprising the end of the famous Camino Santiago, which she completed some years ago with her late husband.


The notion of pensive, reflective thought of course took me to journaling, and I decided to add some script to the background of my tag, using Versamark ink this time, but repeating the use of clear embossing powder.  I was surprised that the ink pulled up some color, but it is very subtle.  You can just see the shine of the clear embossing above.


I added a Tim Holtz Word Band that resonated with me.  I darkened the words with Black Soot Distress Paint, and after wiping off excess paint, I swiped the band with some rub-on metallic wax paste (similar to Treasure Gold).  It looks coppery here, but is actually gold.  I secured the tag with some bronze wire I have in my stash (since I cannot find the gold I know I have somewhere).... and added a seam binding ribbon dyed with Peacock Feathers, Stormy Sky, Broken China and Tumbled Glass.

Here is the completed tag. Much simpler than most anything I've done....maybe less is more for me in the coming months!


Thank you so much for stopping by, and if you've time, please do leave a comment.  I read them all and love hearing from you!!  xx Lynn


8 comments:

  1. Haha! Yeppers, same color scheme! I was also going to sort my stamps today. I just finally figured out how I want to do it. Too funny! Your mop up tag is divine and could have been used in my challenge for this month at Anything But Cute, it's all about makeovers. Love that sentiment and your blue stamping! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really stunning! So delicate and pretty and wow, yes it is a gorgeous stamp!!

    Once you are done cataloguing, please feel free to come to my place :o)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Lynn - that tangle of wild branches is stunning in Peacock Feathers against the shimmering background. For my money, if you've got wild flowers, meadow grasses or branches you don't need anything else - perfection! Would love to know what that stamp is... coveting badly!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and wonderful! I just love this tag, it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lynn - the teals and golds are gorgeous together, and I love the subtlety of the text in the background. Can I please ask who the stamp is by as it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Diana! The stamp is Etched Branches by Penny Black. They have a lot of gorgeous "branch" images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simply beautiful tag Lynn, fell I've caught up a bit but missed so much, you are very creative and talented and I love visiting...when I can! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.