Friday, December 25, 2015

Next up - Linda Tag #10!


As I was dithering about whether I could finish the tags for Linda's challenge, I realized that I would have a long evening ahead of me in a hotel before flying out bright and early on Christmas morning to visit my family across the country..... and as I had a lot of the components already made for several tags, I decided to pack a little mini-studio and take it with me..... and a very lovely evening I had!  Here is my take on Tag#10, one of three I completed in the hotel.  I never work this fast - maybe I am on to something, lol!
I started with the tattered florals die cut in cream cardstock, wet them thoroughly and scrunched them up. Once dry, I carefully opened them up - this is a technique from the very talented Jenny Atkinson.  

I fiddled with them until I got a flower that I liked, hot gluing as I went.... and then added a lot of Heidi Swapp gold spray - I love the denser coverage this spray yields.

The lighting in the hotel room was not too great for photos, but below you can see some of my components - a Memory box wreath sprayed with Distress Spray in Pewter and torn apart, a label cut from plain card, a flourish cut from the gold Deco Sheet (Tim Holtz), a piece of embossed acetate which I had painted per this guy - I used the Pewter Distress Paint - I think acrylic would be better next time, as I had a hard time getting the paint to stay in the recessed areas.


I made an arrangement that I liked, sprayed the label with the gold, wetting it and finger painting, and placing my little rose.  I am sure the staff is going to wonder what the heck I was doing to use so much toilet tissue, as I forgot to bring my rag, and of course had not paper towels to hand, lol!  But I surely did not want to mop up using their lovely terry towels!


Then I added a Tim Holtz rub-on, as I also had not brought stamps or permanent ink with  me....


After gluing everything down with Glossy Accents, I ended up adding some little silver snowflakes - not too keen about them but oh well, they are attached now!

Here is a shot that shows some more of the texture.....you can just make out the acetate on the very bottom....

And here, once again, is the final "tag"..... Thanks for stopping by, and if you've time, please do leave a comment - I love hearing from you!

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday.... xxx Lynn




6 comments:

  1. Creativity will never be held down even with only limited supplies on hand. I never would have guessed this tag had been created in a hotel room or with only a few supplies, it is stunning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the gold rose amongst the pretty foliage - very feminine and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been so busy it is hard for me to keep up - but I do try and I love your blog!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've layered the die-cuts and you've created a lovely "Jennie flower"! So impressed with your determination to get the tags completed, even with limited supplies - and what a gift to share these all on Christmas Day - too bad I'm so late in catching up!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and what a great effort to accomplish this in a hotel room - you rock! I love that embossed background. I haven't done that in awhile and now you have me itching to play :) I really love your interpretation of my inspiration tag and the fact that you did NOT use snowflakes. This is a total delight!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is splendid and that acetate sheet is gorgeous. What a lovely gold! I can see why you like it. All of your tags are fantabulous and I am even more impressed that you did this outstanding de if your craft room and on the road. Wowzers! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.