Saturday, January 30, 2016

January Tim Tag - Whew!

Well, after barely making all 12 tags for Linda's wonderful Christmas tags challenge after a previous year of not making it, I thought I'd give Tim's January tag for 2016 a go, as last year I only completed four.... we'll see how I do this year, lol!

This post is uncharacteristically short, as Mr. Holtz has thoroughly laid out all the steps, including revisits to his original step-outs for these two "remixed" techniques.

I've not tried the chalkboard bit before - it was a bit dicey as I had not used the Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder previously and couldn't tell if I was overheating, per his caution to avoid that.  But at last, it seemed to come together, even though my choice of the "Love You" framelit set was, in hindsight, too detailed to really do justice to this beautiful stamp set.   Ah well, live and learn.

After placing everything with foam dots on the chalked-up torn tag background, it was way too plain, so I peeled everything off and added some random script stamping, again using the Frosted Crystal powder, now that I had the hang of it, and re-chalking.  Much better!!


I adore the Industrial technique, as it satisfies both my bling and grunge desires at the same time... and it highlights the dry embossing so wonderfully, regardless of style.   Here is the tag in full - with the word band, another little bit at the top of the chalkboard, and a very light silvery seam binding bow.

Now I just hope I am not skidding in on the tail end of the month from here on out!  But, I suppose, better late than never!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and if you've time, please do leave a comment.  I appreciate each one, and every one of you!

xxx Lynn

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous take on Tim's tag Lynn, love the stamps you chose.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done for getting it done!! brilliant take on the original, - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, Lynn, it turned out great! Love that embossing folder, too. Glad to see you made it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't start easy Lynn! Always aim to underheat that frosted ep for the best results. I love the distinctly faded French damask feel to this tag and love it to bits. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lynn!! I gave up last year on the whole Tim's tag thing...I just found that for the most part, the designs were too masculine for my taste. But you have really taken a cold masculine tag design and added a touch of softness with your graceful bird, without losing the overall feel of the original. Well done!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done -- from dark, dark to brilliant colors you cover all the bases!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chalkboard technique on the bird looks amazing and I LOVE the industrious element, that is a wonderful embossing folder, it gives a nice feminine feel to your tag! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lynn, love the addition of the chalkboard script and the embossing is wonderful! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flourishing industrial background - and I think the chalky bird looks great. A lovely feminine twist on the January inspiration. Looks like I'll be sitting this year out mostly, given I'm away from my craft desk for at least half the tags!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the reverse of the embossing folder. I didn't do that. Totally need to read Tim's details more. Ha ha. This is beautiful and inspired! The bird image is fabulous and works so well with the scripty EF. Lovely! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous grunge and beautiful design. I sure know what you mean about not getting the tags done. You are off to a great start though! Love the bird and the script! Stunning EF as well. Awesome sauce design! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.